It’s food Friday!! Today I am sharing with you all one of my all-time favorite ways to make Oatmeal : Carrot Banana Stovetop Oatmeal! Now you may be put off by the fact that there is a vegetable in this recipe but I promise it tastes sooo good and is super healthy for you! Trust me, you will love it.
Serves 1, Modestly
- 1/2 cup Non-Dairy Milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup Rolled Oats
- 1 medium sized Banana
- 1 small-medium Carrot
- 1 tablespoon Nut or Seed Butter
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- 1 tsp of ground Ginger
- Optional maple syrup
- Place non-dairy milk, water, grated carrot & ginger into a pot & bring to a boil
- Once non-dairy milk mixture has come to a boil, reduce heat and add into pot the rolled oats, the tablespoon of pumpkin seed butter & half of the banana (mashed). Stir occasionally.
- Cook until desired consistency is reached, about 10-20 minutes
- Pour into bowl and top with cinnamon, banana and optional maple syrup
- Carrots can improve your vision, can help prevent stroke and certain cancers, can slow down the aging process, promotes healthy skin and can cleanse the body.
- Bananas can improve mood and reduce PMS symptoms, helps to regulate blood sugar, aid in weight loss, reduce swelling, can lower blood pressure, have cardiovascular protective qualities and can aid in digestion.
- Oatmeal provides a long lasting boost of energy, supports weight loss, can help prevent diabetes, heart healthy and controls blood sugar.